TAC Family Forums

Share your wins, get unstuck, or see how others use the TAC Method to create a fulfilling guitar life!

• 2 cool Guitar Movies.

Posted by Salty on July 19, 2022 at 2:26 pm

So I am obviously a music student but in this weeks studies I came across 2 movies , (1) Brand new like today it was released new and the other is Crossroads. I haven’t seen it but just dropping the name. Don’t know if it is any good, The one that got released today is drum rolllllllllllll ” The Day the Music Died” … American Pie. The documentary where Don McLean actually breaks his silence after 50 years and tells what it actually means, for example was the Jester Bob Dylan? Is the Queen that sings the blues Janis? Anyway its on Paramount and is brand new as of today. I haven’t seen it but I will be watching it soon. If anybody else has some good guitar movies to post. Please let me know.

albert_d replied 1 year, 9 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Marty73

July 19, 2022 at 4:17 pm

👍 Thanks for the reference to guitar movies Crossroads is worth watching! 😊🧙‍♂️😎

• Cadgirl

July 20, 2022 at 3:01 am

Music movies are always fun. Thanks for the information!

• Mrfredsporty

July 20, 2022 at 4:44 am

that really sounds good. That is from my era so I will definitely check it out . THANKS!

• Kitman

July 20, 2022 at 6:38 am

Thanks for sharing @Salty ! Crossroads is a good one. I will me checking out American pie. There are a couple other movies worth watching. One is “It Might Get Loud” which brings Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White together where they talk about their styles and jam together. Not acoustic centric however still a cool movie. The other is Sound City which chronicles the acquisition and relocation of a famed Neves mixing board from Van Nuys LA to Foofighters front man Dave Grohl’s House – where upon he invites an electic group of artists to record. Most all of these artists have recorded in this mixing board before and produced some stunning music. The Grohl house sessions are no exception. Again, not an acoustic centered film however a very cool movie. There is a great soundtrack to the film too (Sound City Real to Reel) which contains the music recorded on the Neves. Here is a Wiki link about the film: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_City_(film)https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_City_(film)

• Salty

July 20, 2022 at 10:08 am

@kitman, Thank you, I will definitely check those out. Also everyone is welcome lol, tried to figure out how to say that. I hope you enjoy the film and I will check out Crossroads.

• Kitman

July 22, 2022 at 4:22 pm

Hey @Salty , another great “guitar” movie is “A Black and White Night”, where Roy Orbison is joined by a cast of those he has influenced over the years to play his songs. What a great movie. Album is also really fantastic.

• albert_d

July 23, 2022 at 6:39 am

Somewhere in the Acoustic Tuesday Archives I seem to recall Tony did a show on this topic or one very close to this topic. I watched a few back then. You might check it out.