TAC Family Forums

Share your wins, get unstuck, or see how others use the TAC Method to create a fulfilling guitar life!

Tony’s Acoustic Challenge – The New Way to Learn Guitar Family Forums Play for Us! 90 day goal of practicing guitar ‘fiddle” tunes using backing tracks

• 90 day goal of practicing guitar ‘fiddle” tunes using backing tracks

Posted by Guerra6007 on May 29, 2021 at 2:04 pm

https://youtu.be/2LX9E6Xub1Q

So it’s not mistake free by any means but it is something I meant to do a long time now. Thanks to the guy who told me about the backing tracks on Youtube. That was during the breakout session at that last 90 day whatmacallit Tony led. I’m making more progress than I expected.

AttyTJ replied 2 years, 12 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Ted_D

May 29, 2021 at 3:55 pm

@Guerra6007, your playing sounded great!! Really liked it!!

• Guerra6007

May 30, 2021 at 8:23 am

Thanks, Ted_D. It just hit me this morning that I should have switched to playing rhythm when the real fiddle on the the backing track kicked in. That’s how it works in a real, live jam, right? One solo instrument at a time. Just keep on keeping on, eh?

• Loraine

May 30, 2021 at 7:02 am

Sounded great @Guerra6007

• Guerra6007

May 30, 2021 at 8:34 am

Thanks, Loraine! Positive feedback is helpful to keeping motivation up. I’m not ready to jump into any live jam with a solo but I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. And playing these old bluegrass standards gives a player a chance to practice an improvised version beforehand, which sounds more possible than just improvising on the fly.

• AttyTJ

May 30, 2021 at 10:14 am

👍