Bill_Brown
2093 Playing Sessions
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi Mark ( @mkjohnsons ), I’m feelin’ you. Sometimes the Dailies don’t do anything for me😱, they don’t motivate me (speed challenge👎 – I could care less). It’s those days that I feel like I’m wasting my time and that I should be doing something else – like going outside and getting some exercise, instead of sitting in front of a computer with my guitar. On those days, I do like @Alisa , 10 minutes, mark it complete and put my guitar away and get on with life.
But other days, I am motivated and excited about the Dailies (Wednesdays/Improvisation – I find joy in that). Guitar, motivation, excitement, joy – I guess the question is, how to have it all (or at least any 2 of them) at the same time? I wish I could give you that answer. I think that you need to do some soul searching, think back to what/who motivated you to start playing (again). When you are playing, what/who gives you excitement and joy about doing it? I have my own answers to these questions, and that’s why I still do the Dailies🎸 I hope you can find your own answers and hope to see your posts in the future Dailies and Forums👍
-
Hi @Alfred , sorry to hear about your mom, my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I think it’s wonderful that your family has that musical connection. I think when your mom does get home, that listening to you, your dad and daughter play together, will help her recover more quickly
-
Hey @Lange22 👍👍 That’s awesome Layton👏👏 I’m still looking for that opportunity to play with others🤔
-
That’s a catchy little tune @Daniel_Morin 👏👏👏 It has a really nice toe tapping beat👍👍 So what’s going to be on the B side of your latest release?🎸
-
Hello @Gopal , Welcome to TAC🎸 You have made a great choice to start (again) here👏👏 I believe you should go through the “30 Days to Play” course first 👍 before doing any of the “Daily Challenges” – that’s just my humble opinion. You can do them together if you like, but I feel it’s better to concentrate on the 30 Days and then go onto the “Next 6 chords” course. After that, then do the Daily Challenges if you like, but you should still consider spending more of your time on the “Skills”. Take a look at the “Jumpstart” courses next, (there are 3) choose one that interests you most, and then do the other two also. Then you should look at the “Foundations of Fretboard Navigation” and from there you should do “Fretboard Wizard” 🤩. Most of all, just have fun while learning. I wish you a successful guitar journey😎
-
Bill_Brown
MemberJune 20, 2021 at 8:52 pm in reply to: Since Marissa is Kicking my Backside with her Landslide….Hey @JoeW 👍👍😱 That was an awesome rendition👏👏👏🤩 I like how you held the tempo throughout your performance and I think your vocals “Really Truly” made it your own version😎
-
Hi @Marquita , sorry to hear about you’re arthritis😱 I think that’s an awesome #smallwin👍 to push through the pain and continue on🤩. Lately, I’ve been dealing with arthritis in my hands/fingers also. I got an Aspercream product – over the counter- that has 4% lydicane. I rub it on my hands and fingers and after a little while, it gives me some relief. Perhaps a product like that could help you😎
