Forum Replies Created

Page 124 of 151
  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 20, 2021 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Strumming

    HI @stevieblues , welcome to TAC👏👏 Without actually seeing how you strum, I have one thought. If you’re a “hard strummer”, try to back off a little and make sure you’re not DIGGING into the strings😱 Have a good grip on the pick, but try to control how hard you strum and how far the tip of the pick is going into the plane of the strings🤔

    Start out by strumming lightly and slowly, in both directions, until you feel that you have good control of the pick, and just the tip of the pick is hitting the strings. 👍

    There is a “Skills” course (I believe it is one of the “Jumpstart” courses) on strumming, take a look at that one – I’m sure you’ll find the answer to what you’re looking for there🤩

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 20, 2021 at 7:56 am in reply to: Bye bye streak

    Hi @Alisa 👍, On weekends, I like to work within the “Skills” section and/or go into the Forums – particularly the “Play for Us” and watch (and comment) the performances. If I’m working on a skill, I usually spend more time “on the site” than I do when watching performances😎

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 20, 2021 at 5:54 am in reply to: Backing Tracks

    Hi Wayne ( @Wazzo ) All of the vids you see on the “Play For Us” form, they are all going beyond the scale as presented😱 That being said, they are still playing the scale in other octaves😎

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 19, 2021 at 7:51 am in reply to: Hacksaw Improv

    I liked what you came up with @Topher 👍👍 It was a nice little arrangement 🤩 Great picking – great sound👏👏

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 19, 2021 at 7:45 am in reply to: Chocolate Jesus (Tom Wait) FNL VOM 18 Jun 2021

    👏👏👏 @Loraine 🤩 Last time I saw a VOM post from you, you wouldn’t sing. Now look at you 👍👍 “Really Truly” a great performance, bleeding hart (finger) and all!!!

  • Wonderful performance @TimK1 👏👏👏 “Really Truly” 👍👍 Great singing and picking😎

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 18, 2021 at 2:22 pm in reply to: Marisa – Landslide

    Really Truly nice rendition @Marisa 👏👏👏 Great finger picking and vocals👍👍

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  Bill_Brown.
  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 18, 2021 at 7:47 am in reply to: Wrestling with the Hacksaw Jim Duggan Improv

    Very nicely played on that 12 fret @JoeW 👏👏👏 nice melody👍 all colored within the lines😎

    I for one, like the longer backing tracks. I think it gives more opportunity to noodle

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 18, 2021 at 7:38 am in reply to: Boomerang (open G tuning)

    That was nice @Philb 👏👏 I really liked your lyrics, that was an awesome song👍

    Open G on a 12 string, with a slide and open chords, and those lyrics – just plain awesome🤩

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 18, 2021 at 7:29 am in reply to: Beaumont Rag

    Great flat picking @ScottyMac 👏👏 Nice fretboard work as well👍 I thought your timing/tempo was excellent🤩

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 18, 2021 at 7:14 am in reply to: electric guitar players here?

    Hi Ben ( @Ben_rohrer@hotmail.com ) Welcome to TAC👏👏 You made a great choice👍 Everything you learn here is transferable to an electric guitar. There are a lot of members that have electric guitars in their “guitarsenal”😎 It wouldn’t hurt to get an acoustic, but it’s not a requirement.

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 17, 2021 at 12:15 pm in reply to: less expensive guitars for road trips

    Hi @jimhat , I think Fender makes some half decent all wood acoustic guitars in that price range and less🤩. They should be easy to find at a local music shop. Have you tried Craigslist?🤔

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 17, 2021 at 12:00 pm in reply to: Swallowtail Jig…from former song vault

    Great flat pickin’ @ScottyMac 👏👏👏 “Really Truly” 👍 Nice tempo too!

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 17, 2021 at 8:59 am in reply to: Chord progression and finger picking

    Slow and steady wins the race @BAM 👍

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    June 18, 2021 at 2:25 pm in reply to: sound quality at different speeds

    👍

Page 124 of 151