Forum Replies Created

Page 137 of 151
  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 6, 2021 at 10:55 am in reply to: Do I stay or do I go???

    Hi @ZADavid , Just wanted to give you my 2 cents worth. You’ve been TACing for only 1 month (I read your profile) – I think you have to give it more time – you’re not going to get better over night – no matter who’s ‘Program’ you choose. Yes, I get that this site runs really slow. I also get frustrated when suddenly finding that I somehow got logged out and have to log in again. But this site has more courses, more information, the best teacher, and the greatest Community – better than any other site on the web (that I’ve seen) – for sure. Like you, I’d been fooling around with a guitar for over 40 years and really wasn’t going anywhere with it. I joined TAC in December 2020 – just a few months ago. I can now really see the improvement in my playing, but I still have a ways to go to get where I’d like to be. I know that it’ll take patience, more practice, and learning, to get there.

    As far as ‘direction’, that’s up to you. I suggest doing as many of the “Skills” courses as possible – I’d start with any of the “Jumpstart” courses and do the “Foundations of Fretboard Navigation”. “Fretboard Wizard” is definitely a gem, but it has a separate $cost. You can find some of that information on the web for free, but no one explains it like Tony, and no one else quizzes you on what you’ve learned – which helps to reinforce your knowledge of the subject. Well worth the extra $ (IMHO). The Daily Challenges are just to get you to do something with the guitar for 5 days of the week. If you feel like you need more than the things that are offered here, then you should attend (virtually) some of the VOM’s (virtual open mikes). There’s information about them in the Forums.👍😎

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 6, 2021 at 8:44 am in reply to: Kicking Rocks (from the old Song Vault)

    “Really Truly” @ted_h Awesome pickin’🤩👏👏👏

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 6, 2021 at 6:55 am in reply to: Wallflower- My first improv- by Marisa

    Great flat picking @Marisa 👍👍 Your timing was excellent🤩

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 6, 2021 at 6:46 am in reply to: Wallflower by Dan D#

    That was a great one @Dan D#👏👏👏🤩 “Really Truly”👍👍💙

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 5, 2021 at 12:29 pm in reply to: Wallflower Solo – Electric

    Hi @JoeW , I enjoyed listening to your improve.👍👍 Gutsy call with the electric, but it turned out well. Especially when you moved things up the neck 🤩 cool sound!

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 5, 2021 at 12:19 pm in reply to: Wallflower improv-Charlie D 05-2021

    I could taste the spice @charlie_d 🌶! Very nice improv – mariachi style👏👏👏

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 5, 2021 at 11:39 am in reply to: Don’t Cry – VOM #49

    Hi @DavidScoggins , Another wonderful performance👏👏👏! I liked how you did the picking and strumming while not losing a beat -awesome👍👍 “Really Truly”

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 5, 2021 at 8:06 am in reply to: Like a Stone – Saturday night VOM

    Hi @DavidScoggins , I think your performance was great👏👏👏. Not sure why you feel it wasn’t. I thought you did very well with the chord transitions and maintaining the strum pattern😎👍😎

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 5:10 pm in reply to: Help…Whats next to keep going after 30 days

    Hi Patrick in Texas ( @atomikman ), I suggest any of the “Jumpstart” courses in the “Skills” section. After that, you should consider the “Fretboard Wizard” course, which includes “Navigating the Fretboard” (I believe). 🤔 Good luck and welcome to TAC!😎👍😎

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 4:57 pm in reply to: Reaching for Balance

    Hi @Michelle-PSL , I’ve been married for 37 happy years. I’m retired, but my wife is still working – so when she comes home I try to spend as much time as I can with her. So perhaps Hubby is lonely and can’t wait for you to come home (I’m assuming you are still working). And maybe once you’re retired, he’ll be looking for more time to have for himself – giving you the time you want for guitar! Strange how that works – always wanting something you can’t have – until you have it.

    But for now, I think having peace is a good thing🤩

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  Bill_Brown.
  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 4:35 pm in reply to: First TACiversary.

    Happy TACiversary @Guerra6007 , Long may you strum!😎👍

  • Hi @Michelle-PSL , are those the strings you use on your 00015?🤔

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 5, 2021 at 12:08 pm in reply to: Fretboard Wizard question

    Hi @polarpeak75 & @mkjohnsons , In the “Skills” section, if you click ‘start course’ on “The Foundations of Fretboard Navigation” and it opens – then by all means take that course – it’ll give you a taste of some very basic things you will learn in FBW. When I started TAC, I believe that the Foundations course was a prerequisite to FBW.

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 5, 2021 at 11:57 am in reply to: Fretboard Wizard question

    Hi @Kim-Fitz , You should contact TAC Support – there is a little green box at the bottom right of the Support page that you can type a question/request and someone at TAC HQ will respond – how long??? 🤔 – but they will respond.😎

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 5, 2021 at 11:48 am in reply to: Is there going to be- May Zoom Party

    Hi @AttyTJ , Did you get that from @levitac@tonypolecastro.com ?🤔

Page 137 of 151