Forum Replies Created

Page 138 of 151
  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 4:19 pm in reply to: Guitar Position

    Yes @rocha1573 , I agree with @Loraine , do it the way you like best. I also like to play the way you described (guitar resting on my left leg). I hold the neck at a 30 to 45 degree angle (from the floor) and that gives me all the room I need to move up and down the neck – no elbow stuck in the ribs while playing. 👍😎

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  Bill_Brown.
  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 4:07 pm in reply to: Marquita L – SNL – original All Those Years

    That was fantastic @Marquita 🤩🤩 “Really Truly”👏👏👏 Great finger picking pattern, great singing, and great lyrics – brought tears to my eyes. Very heartfelt indeed👍👍💙

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 10:46 am in reply to: How I TAC

    Hey @cam_pollock , Great routine! 👍👍 I like the idea of a single malt also😎

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 10:27 am in reply to: Day 2 question

    Hi @Doe , Make sure when the “Daily Challenge” page comes up that you click on the orange “Start Challenge” box just to the right of the video. That will take you to the actual lesson.😎

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 10:15 am in reply to: Fretboard Wizard question

    Hi Mark ( @mkjohnsons ), my 2 cents – GO FOR IT! When I joined TAC, I purchased the FBW course as part of a package. I considered my self a RE-beginner or a re-learner, because it had been so long since I started playing. Anyways, I did the 30 Days and then a few skills courses. At that point, I was in the same boat as you are now – not knowing if I was ready or had what I thought it would take to learn something at that level. I decided to try it and I’m really glad I did. It helped me to understand all the things that you mentioned above, and then some.🤩🤩🤩

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 9:51 am in reply to: Small Win – High School Prom

    Atagirl @SherryH 👏👏 See what practicing everyday can do😱🤩🤩

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 9:42 am in reply to: Missed a challenge?

    Yes @Gaz21 , there are 2 ways to go back to a “current month” lesson.

    1) You should be able to click on the lesson name from the Monthly Plan list on the left side of the screen of the Daily Challenge page.

    2) While on the current Daily Challenge page, there are grey “forward and backward arrows” located at the top right of the screen. Click on the backward (left) arrow and it should take you back to the previous lesson.

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 8:03 am in reply to: Fret Hand Suggestion

    That’s a great exercise @JoeW , thanks for sharing👍👍😎

  • Thanks @Mike-Gaurnier , I appreciate your input and the suggestion👍😎

  • Thanks @jmat , My finger picking skills are poor at this juncture – something I have to work on. Currently, I’m much better and more comfortable at flat picking🤔

  • Bill_Brown

    Member
    May 4, 2021 at 3:32 pm in reply to: Day 2 question

    👍

  • Thanks @Maydog , for me, thats good to know!👍

  • Thanks @Mike56 , that’s the type of feedback I’m looking for!🤩👍🤩

  • Thanks @Maydog , Do you notice any difference in string flexibility or harmonics between the brands?😎

  • Thanks @Marty69 , the current strings I have are the original ones and they sound OK, but they aren’t very flexible. They don’t bend well at all, and harmonics sometimes can be lackluster. I was contemplating the new XS D’Addario’s, but I’m not sure if a coated string is the answer for my current situation😱

Page 138 of 151