Bill_Brown
2093 Playing Sessions
Forum Replies Created
-
Great rendition @DavidScoggins 👏👏👏 I saw you perform this on the particular SNL VOM you mentioned (you may remember that I played it also and forgot the words somewhere in the middle of the next to last verse) – I really liked your version then, and I like it just as much now👍👍 Great arrangement – mixing strumming with finger style – excellent🤩
-
This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by
Bill_Brown.
-
This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by
-
Bill_Brown
MemberJuly 20, 2021 at 6:46 am in reply to: Confused about cord nomenclature where there are slashes (/)Hi Laroy ( @Jacklcm ), I found this great website that will answer all your questions about slash chords😱 and much more👍
Check it out. Hope it helps🤩
-
-
Bill_Brown
MemberJuly 18, 2021 at 8:53 am in reply to: (original) See You In My Dreams by TimK1 – SNL Open Mic Jul 17 2021Sweet one @TimK1 👏👏👏 Really enjoyed your “singin’ an a pickin’ “👍👍 Well played sir😎
-
Hi Terry ( @Telboy ), let me start by saying welcome to TAC. I just want to give you my thoughts about the “CAGED” system – IMHO, the most important thing to take away from CAGED is the fact that each of those chord shapes have a “root string” and knowing which chord shape uses which string as the root, is key. Rarely (if ever) will you play a C shaped or G shaped barre chord. Most barre chords are played using either the E shape or A shape (including their respective minor and 7-chord shapes)👍 So for barre chords, your situation leaves you with with the index to barre and the middle and ring fingers to fret various notes (strings) – let’s call those fingers your “free fingers”. I may have a “work around” for barre chords that you could use. Let’s consider an E shaped barre chord for instance, you can use the mini F shape or do the full barre and fret the G and D strings with your free fingers (partial E chord) – either way you choose, you want to just strum the D, G, B and hi E strings only😱 My point is, you may only have 3 fingers to play part of a chord – just make sure that you only strum the strings contained in that part of the chord🤔
Hope this makes sense to you – good luck Terry😎
-
Oh, now I see @Moonhare – you’re the one by the Corona bottles😜(lol). Is there someone else in this photo that I should recognize🤔
-
One of my favorites @jumpinjeff – I’m currently in the process of learning the chord progressions myself – great stuff – hope you guys have a wonderful time👍
